Friday, September 09, 2005

 

GOT GOETHE?


Quote of Note i wish i Wrote:


Everything has been thought before, but the problem is to think of it again. ------Goethe

What a terrific tip... think things that time-tested thinkers thought. Gotta give Goethe credit. Which I am, right here... telling this taut thought. Stop me before I get infinitely loopy.

But yes, I believe this can prove valuable, such as after certain lines of valid research are abandoned, only to be rediscovered and turned into great discoveries at a later, more fitting epoch (see Mendel and the history of genetics for one example).

On the other hand, maybe Goethe was just saying plagiarism rocks.

You decide.
Either way, it's still a terrific thought. I think.

By the way, anagram fans,
GOETHE rearranged spells THE EGO, and GO THEE.
Discuss.